Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Never Alone

Are there songs which haunt you from your youth?  I have one, "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel.   As a preteen I watched the movie on the big screen and cried as Bill was killed and his wife left alone to raise their child.  The song flows throughout the movie, hinting we can depend on those around us to always be there, always take us through the storms of life.

Now I am a "maturing" adult and I have experienced being let down by others on times to many to count.  Life is uncertain and filled with disappointments no man can remove.  Life can be tough.  But the song continues to play in my mind...I want to depend on someone.

We are coming to the end of a five year term in Germany, serving missionary kids and their parents.  Life here has been a joy and a difficulty every single day.  I struggle with language, culture, and the unknowns of a place I have lived in a short time.  My information typically comes from English speakers who have lived here a bit longer than I, but are not native to this town.  Sometimes I feel very much alone-abandoned-from all that is secure.  My location is not my comfort zone!

With all of the issues of living with change and turmoil, I have found I do not walk alone.  Truly, not one second passes without the still, small voice of God speaking to me.  I have open access to the Throne Room to share my pains, sorrows, cares, and joys.  He molds me daily in the situations of my life here in Germany.  And He uses friends from afar who send emails, cards, and Skype; friends locally who make meals and take time to chat.

"Standing on this mountaintop, knowing just how far we've come....Scars and struggles on the way...but with joy our hearts can say, never once did we ever walk alone, never once did You leave us on our own...." (lyrics, "Never Once", by Matt Redman)

The uncreated Creator walks with me.  I rejoice knowing I never walk alone and am secure in His care every single day of my life.  No doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment